Are you not sure how to pray? Or perhaps you are stuck in a spiritual rut.
If you need some creative ways to pray, check out these prayer methods that are easy and fun!
These “how to pray examples” will make your time with God more natural and not forced.
- Prayer walk– walk outside and pray quietly or out loud. You can walk in your neighborhood or in nature.
- Location prayer-go to a location and pray in person. Pray for intervention, blessings, or whatever you are asking for at that location.
- Prayer closet-find a space in your house that is quiet. Go there to pray.
- Drive and pray-this may be the only time you have alone. You can talk out loud, worship, and pray without distraction.
- In bed-many times I lay in bed at night and pray; it helps me calm down and sleep. This is a prayer method a lot of people practice.
- Internal dialogue– talk with God throughout the day.
- Prayer journal-write your prayers in a prayer journal. You can do it on your computer or on paper.
- Corporate prayer-pray together with your church or group of people when they offer prayer time. This is one of the ways to pray in the Bible.
- With your kids–pray with your kids at meals and every night before bed. This is one of the best ways to pray as a family.
- With your spouse-start praying with your spouse; it will change your marriage.
- Read written prayers-I love the prayers from the Power of a Praying… by Stormie O’Martian. Use the prayers at the end of the chapters.
- Notecards with written prayers-write down your prayers on notecards and say them often. This is one of the best ways to remember to pray daily.
- Fast-withhold food, social media, dessert, or some other thing and pray instead.
- Pray while looking at artwork-beautiful art is a wonderful way to connect with God, especially art about God, the cross, Jesus, or faith.
- Prayer while holding your child-pray over your child as you rock them to sleep, hold them, or while listening to them.
- Prayer group- put together a prayer group and each person pray in a circle. Have dessert afterward.
- Mom’s In Prayer- this is a group of moms at school who pray together (great way to meet Christian moms).
- Paint or doodle your prayers-you can do this in your prayer journal. Some Bibles have a section or use paper. This is one of the funnest ways to pray.
- Sing your prayers-put your prayers to song (when no one is around).
- Prayer of repentance-pray for forgiveness for your sins, rebuke any sins in your family line, and ask God to remove any demonic activity operating around you. This is serious spiritual warfare.
- Meditation- focus on the cross and what Jesus has done for you. Remember the grace you have been given as a Christian.
- A. C. T. S method-Pray using these four steps to enter into God’s presence. This is one of the most powerful ways to pray.
- The Lord’s Prayer- pray the Lord’s prayer. This is one of the ways Jesus taught us to pray.
- Armor of God-visually see yourself putting on the armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-18). Remember each weapon that God has given you and use it accordingly.
- Get a prayer partner-find a friend and pray together.
- Prayer prompts-use prompts from the Bible, the internet, or your own to start your prayers.
- Imaginative prayer-focus on the gospels and being with Jesus. Visualize yourself with Him in person walking, on his lap as a child, or sitting in a boat on the Sea of Galilee. Talk to Him like a friend, father, husband, or whatever you need at the time.
- Intercessory prayer-stand in the gap and pray for someone else who needs intervention. This is one of the ways to pray for God to intervene in a bad situation.
- Pray scripture- take verses and add your name to the scripture. Psalms and Proverbs are a great place to start praying scripture.
How Do You Make Prayer Fun?
Got Family Problems? There is Help and Hope!
Are you experiencing family problems or have a family estrangement? Do you feel shame, anger, or rejection? Check out my book Estranged: Finding Hope When Your Family Falls Apart on Amazon or at your favorite digital store.
This book not only talks about my seven-year estrangement from my Christian family but also gives solid tips to help you with your family problems. Break free from your pain. Allow God to heal you no matter what has happened in your family of origin. There is hope when your family falls apart.
Creating Family Memories Book
Get Creating Family Memories. This book will help you manage your family in a way that allows more time to be intentional with your kids. It includes a schedule too. You can get it at your favorite bookstore.
Join the group Christian Family Living on Facebook
Continue the conversation on Facebook and join the group Christian Family Living. This is a place for Christian women to freely talk about parenting, marriage, faith, family, and culture. Being a Christian is hard! Let’s do it together. Most of all, a sense of humor is required. Got memes? Bring it on!
Follow Me on Pinterest!
There are tips on building a Christian home, parenting, marriage, family issues, and faith. Learn how to get back to the things that matter most in your life and the life of your family. It’s time for a revival!