Your privacy is critically important to us. At Mom Remade, we have a few fundamental principles:
1. We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
2. We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
3. We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information on your website is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted.
4. We help protect you from overreaching government demands for your personal information.
5. We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
1. Our website Mom Remade which uses, but is not limited, to WordPress.org, Google Analytics, Mailerlite, and Askismet;
2. Our other products and services that may be available on or through our website.
3. Other users’ websites that use our Services, while you are logged in to your account with us.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better. We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depending on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
1. Public Profile Information: If you have an account with us, we collect the information that you provide for your public profile. Your public profile information is just that–public–so please keep that in mind when deciding what information you would like to include.
2. Content Information: Depending on the Services you use, you may also provide us with information about you in published content. For example, if you write a comment that includes biographic information about you, we will have that information, and so will anyone with access to the Internet if you choose to publish the comment publicly. This might be obvious to you…but it’s not to everyone!
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
1. Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
2. Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions that users perform on a site using Jetpack services–in other words, who did what, when and to what thing on a site. As another example, our Google Analytics tracks information like your email address, PHP settings, and other features, along with information about your habits as a user. So does Askismet, Mail Chimp and any other Plugin deemed appropriate to helping understand user behavior.
3. Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions. We may also collect information about your precise location via our mobile apps (when, for example, you post a photograph with location information) if you allow us to do so through your mobile device operating system’s permissions.
4. Interactions with Other Users’ Sites: We collect some information about your interactions with other users’ sites while you are logged in to your account with us, such as your “Likes” and the fact that you commented on a particular post, so that we can, for example, recommend posts we think may interest you. As another example, for Intense Debate users, we collect information about the comments you make while logged in to your account, and use that information to, for example, tally up statistics about your comments and provide the information about your comments in your Intense Debate public profile.
Information We Collect from Other Sources.
How And Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
1. To provide our Services.
2. To further develop and improve our Services–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them to create and manage their experience more efficiently;
3. To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
4. To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition–for example, we may analyze how many individuals purchased a product after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use our Services after a certain length of time;
5. To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Mom Remade and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services;
6. To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by Mom Remade and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on Mom Remade and our products; and
7. To personalize your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations, target our marketing messages to groups of our users (for example, those who have signed up for an email with us ), and serve relevant advertisements.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that: (1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account–for example, in order to enable access to our website on your device or charge you for a paid plan; or (2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or (3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or (4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information–for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; or (5) You have given us your consent–for example before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later on.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
1. Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third-party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you or your site. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you ( email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, and spam protection), those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns), those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers), and companies that make products available on our websites (such as the extensions on Amazon or other book buying sources), who may need information about you in order to, for example, provide technical or other support services to you.
2. Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental requests.
3. To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Mom Remade, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
4. With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as the social media services that you connect to through our site.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is–you guessed it–disclosed publicly. That means, of course, that information like your public profile, posts, other content that you make public on Mom Remade. Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties. Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information–and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
1. Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Services not be accessible.
2. Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
3. Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: Mom Remade has an option to respond to “do not track” signals with a cookie notice. Or you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using Mom Remade’s website, with the drawback that certain features ofMom Remades’s websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
4. Close Your Account: While we’d be very sad to see you go, if you no longer want to use our Services you may email Mom Remade at firstname.lastname@example.org to have it removed or Opt-out in the email. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Long We Keep Information above–for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
1. Request access to your personal data;
2. Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
3. Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
4. Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
5. Request portability of your personal data.
If you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to How to Reach Us. EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
How to Reach Us
Other Things You Should Know (Keep Reading!)
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
When you interact with third-party plugins or other third-party software, please keep in mind that when you interact with them you may provide information about yourself to those third parties. We don’t own or control these third parties and they have their own rules about the collection, use, and sharing of information, which you should review.
Visitors to Our Users’ Websites