25 Super Tips to Help You Be Good Parent
Do you wonder if you are a good parent? When my kids were younger, I didn’t always know if I was doing the right thing. I felt like everyone else was always a step ahead of me.
Now that my kids are grown, I realize there were many things my husband and I did do right. We weren’t perfect parents, but because we did these 25 things, it off-set some of our mistakes. If I were to do it all over, I would make sure to include these things again.
25 Super Tips to Help You Be a Good Parent
1. Read to your children when they are young.
3. Attend church regularly as a family.
4. Get your child involved in the church youth group.
6. Encourage your child to go on a mission trip or volunteer when older.
7. Participate in missions as a family.
8. Eat together at the table as a family. No phones or TV.
11. Attend your child’s sporting/school events.
13. Set limits on your child’s phone time and content access. Put blocks on screened things.
15. Check your child’s texts, social media regularly to be a good parent.
16. Allow your child time to play. Don’t over schedule.
17. Encourage your teen to be involved in school whether it is sports, clubs, band, etc.
19. Use Find Friends or another app so you know the location of your child. This will help you be a good parent.
20. Pray with and for your child regularly.
21 Get a pet.
22. Be consistent. Follow through with what you say so you will be a good parent.
24. Listen. Don’t yell.
Pin me for later!
Creating Good Family Memories
Dr. James Dobson says there is more to raising children than just rules and regulations. What worked in past generations doesn’t work now. You have to create good family memories to be a good parent. Laugh and enjoy each other.
Being a good parent means you have to stay engaged with your kids. When you develop a good relationship with your kids early on, there is a better chance they will want to do the right things when they get older.
Josh McDowell said it best. “Rules without relationship leads to rebellion.” If all you do is have a bunch of rules but no fun, your kids will resent you. There is more to parenting than making kids obey. On the other hand, having no rules is a disaster, too. Learn to balance your family with these 25 things so you will be a good parent.
For more information on how you can develop wonderful family memories, purchase my book or get it for free if you subscribe to Mom Remade.
What do you do to create good family memories? Leave a comment below.
Pin me for later!
Got Big Family Problems? There is Help!
Are you experiencing family problems or even estranged? Are you feeling shame, anger, or rejection? Check out my book Estranged: Finding Hope When Your Family Falls Apart on Amazon or at your favorite digital store.
This book not only talks about my seven-year estrangement from my Christian family, but it also gives solid tips to help you with your family problems. Break free from your pain. Allow God to heal you no matter what has happened in your family of origin. There is hope when your family falls apart.
Creating Family Memories Book
Get Creating Family Memories. This book will help you manage your family in a way that allows more time to be intentional with your kids. It includes a schedule too. You can get it at your favorite bookstore.
Join Christian Family Living Facebook Group
Continue the conversation on Facebook and join the group Christian Family Living. This is a place for Christian women to share their experiences and get helpful tools to navigate the Christian life. We love to laugh, cry, and encourage each other to live out our faith one day at a time.
Check Out Pinterest
For Parenting Tips, Crafts, Baby Care, Pre-School, Teens, Family Activities, And Much More!